As we move into the warmer months, we must remember our love/hate relationship with the sun.
Sun-kissed skin looks healthy but it leads to sun damage and wrinkles. Did you know sun damage is the number one cause of premature wrinkles? We must protect ourselves for a long-term investment — the appearance of our skin. We invest in our “tox” and “fill” our wrinkles to prolong the process, but are too forgetful to protect our skin with sunscreen. Are we really doing everything to protect our skin from the inside and out? Here are some fun in the sun tips to protect our biggest asset, OUR SKIN!!!
- Daily: Use a gentle cleanser and moisturizer. Add SPF every day to your routine.
- Use sunscreen every day, even if it’s cloudy. Apply at least one ounce of sunscreen (enough to fill a shot glass) at least 15 to 30 minutes before going outside.
- Choose a broad-spectrum sunscreen that protects against both UVA and UVB radiation.
- Reapply sunscreen every two hours.
- Grab yourself a hat: floppy, fedora, baseball, any will do!!!
Make this a part of your daily routine! This should be come second nature to you.
May is Skin Cancer Awareness Month. Regular skin cancer screenings by your physician are of utmost importance. Come in to Hawaii Blue when you’re ready to take 10 years off your appearance! In the meantime, stay in the shade!